Some people dismiss Brigitte Bardot because of the negative comments she has made in the past. Yet, I still LOVE her stance on animal rights. No one can take away her passion and the awareness she has created in almost 40 years of fighting for animal rights.
Here are 10 reasons why I LOVE Brigitte Bardot.
1) She choose to use her fame to fight for animal rights. Giving up her career at 40 to better the lives of animals. She turned vegetarian and became consumed by her love for animals stating that "Animals have never betrayed me. They are an easy prey, as I have been throughout my career. So we feel the same. I love them."
2) Brigitte Auctioned off her jewelry, clothes and house in St Tropez to raise 3 MILLION francs to start an animal welfare foundation! She used this money to fund the "Brigitte Bardot Foundation for the Welfare and Protection of Animals"
3) Donated $140, 000 to sterilize and re home 300,000 stray dogs in Bucharest, Romania.
4) Wrote to the Chinese President Jiang Zemin on her stance of Animal welfare in China. The letter was published in French magazine VSD, where she accused the Chinese of "torturing bears and killing the world's last tigers and rhinos to make aphrodisiacs".
5) Requested a meeting with Canadian Prime Minister Stephan Harper to discuss actions to curb the creaulty of seal hunting.
6) Wrote to Queen Margrethe II of Denmark to halt the killing of dolphins in the Faroe Islands. Writing that "This macabre spectacle is a shame for Denmark and the Faroe Islands," late last year (2010).
7) Started the TV program 'SOS Elephants' which increased awearness on issues including ivory, bull fighting, horse racing, marine mammals, apes, sterilization of cats and dogs etc... and more! The show influenced France to be the first European nation to stop the importation of ivory!
8) She visited the Pope, asking him not to forget animals!
9) In 1994 Bridgett led a parade of 400 people past chic French boutiques, setting alight bloodied fur coats. She and her group demonstrated a 'fur funeral', carrying coffins around a convention centre where fashion shows were showcasing collections which included fur.
10) Miss Bardot is one stunningly HOT woman!!!